Twas the Night Before Braces...

Dear Journal,

I feel very nervous and excited. Tomorrow will be my first appointment at the orthodontist.  I remember when it all started... I was getting my teeth cleaned and the dentist popped up and said, "Look who needs to see the orthodontist!" At that moment, I thought, "Boy, that was quick--he just looked in my mouth!"  The dentist office set up an appointment for me.  1 week.  Not too bad. All was good when I thought it was just a "hey, how ya doing? kind of appointment with the orthodontist, but then, my mom said, "Oh no! If all goes well, they will be putting braces on when you go!"  WHAT? I'm. Not. Ready.
I mean, I AM ready, but not ready ready.  Like--what? Braces? Now?  I'm only ready for pretending to be ready.  Not being ready ready. Metal in my mouth. Rusty metal in my mouth. Ew. I can't even think about it.
Anyways, no matter how many times I've told mom that I was scared and nervous, she just smiles and says, "It'll be okay, sugar plum." She's crazy. She thinks everything will be okay.  Everything.  She's not the one with metal going on her teeth. 
It appears it's going to happen. But, I'm going in prepared.  I've thought of a bunch of questions.  Maybe I'll stump them and they will send me away with my tiny mouth full of large teeth and no metal.
Question 1: What foods can't I eat?
Question 2: What happens if I get too close to a magnet?
Question 3: Can I chew gum?
Question 4: What will happen if I lose a tooth with braces?
Question 5: Will I need a special tooth brush?
Question 6: Will they rust?
Well,  as I write this my stomach keeps twisting and turning and I keep moving and shaking all around.  It probably will hurt when I get them.  I may die from the pain.  If not, all is good and I will update you tomorrow.





See my next post here: Ready or Not!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment