I'm Alive!!!

New Here? Check out my first journal entry: Twas the Night Before Braces...

Dear Journal,

Well I'm alive. I made it through the night. I didn't die. (I'm glad.)  It's day 2 (or 1.5) of metal mouth! My mouth hurts a little less and I haven't had any medicine for pain. I feel like I can't eat anything. I can't eat nuts or ice or whole apples or giant carrots or thin crust pizza. I didn't really like any of that before, but now, it's all I can think about.
My mouth hurts. It doesn't really hurt when I'm just sitting here, but I was running and I punched myself in the mouth!  That hurt.  And if I bite something not on the no-no list, my front teeth hurt. I have a little brother and sister and I'm not sure if they have always hit my mouth or if I just notice it more now. Either way, playing with a sore mouth can really hurt!
I can't stop moving my lips and running my tongue over them.  My mouth definitely feels different!

On the bright side, look what Mom just showed me!

 My friend was checking on me!  How awesome is that?  She's soooooooooooo swwweeet and she's funny, too. It made me feel good that she remembered me and was checking on me!

So last night, I brushed, flossed, and fluorided my teeth. First, I flossed.  I used this green plastic thing that kind of looks like a big floppy needle with a big eye for the thread and the thread is floss!


So, you use the needle thing to stick it behind your wire and then use the floss to floss like you would normally--and don't forget to do every tooth! After that, I brushed with my regular toothbrush and toothpaste! I took the bristles and kind of flattened them to go behind the wires and really close to the brackets.  Then, I brushed like normal. After that, I put a little bit of fluoride on my teeth and let it sit for one minute.  It's supposed to help me not get cavities! Then, I spit it out and rinsed! Flossing was definitely the hardest part!

Today felt better than yesterday and I'm looking forward to it hurting a little less tomorrow!


My Next Journal Entry:
The Important Questions!

2 comments:

  1. I want to know how you punched yourself in the mouth! ��
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was running! I tell the whole story in my next post! haha

      Delete